Monday, October 24, 2016

Thunder Beach Fall 2016

This weekend, Panama City Beach hosted the 16th annual Thunder Beach motorcycle rally. This event included multiple venues with food tents, games for children and free concerts. If we’ve ever met, you would probably guess that the last place you’d find me is a motorcycle rally. And you would be right, but my husband loves riding. I’ve only ever been on two motorcycles, and it was a round trip to a restaurant or something. My husband usually plans for these events months in advance. This time, family and friends found themselves with multiple events and plans, so I decided to step up and get on the back of his Harley. I really enjoyed myself, considering how terrified I was. I was able to spend time with my best friend and get a glimpse of his world.





Here are three things I enjoyed about Thunder Beach:

  1. The people: I met the nicest people at multiple venues. Everyone seems to love leather, and everyone was wearing my favorite color, black. 
  2. The organization: You can really tell when an event is put together well. Maybe it was because it was the 16th year so they’ve had time to get it right. Nevertheless, it was clean, lines moved quickly and parking thousands of bikes wasn’t complicated.
  3. The bikes: Holy smokes! It’s a different world. I have never seen such beauty in a motorcycle. Some have monster sound systems and some have amazing paint jobs. Just incredible stuff. 

— Sandra de Arrigunaga


Four Crossed Logs intern
professional communication major







No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Crossed Logs is produced by students at Florida State University Panama City. All opinions represent those of the individual writer and not the university or its administrators. The blog is intended to showcase the talent, communication and insight of FSU Panama City students.