Friday, October 14, 2016

Inside the Donald Trump rally

I attended the Donald Trump rally this past week at Aaron Bessant Park. Not because I’m a Republican, I’m actually an independent voter, but because it was a historical local event and my first ever political rally. I would have attended a Hillary Clinton or Gary Johnson rally for the same purpose; they are the main presidential candidates that could be the next leader of our country. There were strict rules of what could be brought in, excluding professional photography, so I didn’t risk it and only used my cell phone for pictures. I highlight some of my experience below.

— Jay Sullivan

Four Crossed Logs intern
professional communication major

Trump/Pence truck outside Aaron Bessant Park 

“Make America Wait Again?”



 Inside the gates awaiting security searches. 2-hours after waiting in line…



Finally made it inside the park and the atmosphere was a lot cozier than the lines were.

 .
Cozier until one got closer to the stage! Three giant screens displayed live coverage for the thousands in attendance



Close up of Donald Trump on the giant screen.



Supporter leaving early near the end of the rally.  I also left early due to congested traffic.



1 comment:

Four Crossed Logs is produced by students at Florida State University Panama City. All opinions represent those of the individual writer and not the university or its administrators. The blog is intended to showcase the talent, communication and insight of FSU Panama City students.