Tuesday, August 30, 2016

World’s most beautiful beaches

During my summer travels I got the chance to explore beaches around Europe. I grew up in Panama City, and all I’ve ever known is white sand and the teal gulf.

The view from my mom’s condo in Panama City Beach

After some traveling, I think I have taken it for granted. Is Panama City Beach really home to the world’s most beautiful beaches? I think so.

I brag to my friends in England about how Panama City Beach has pure white sand that squeaks when your feet brush through it. I don’t shut up about how I love swimming in the Gulf of Mexico all day. As you enter Panama City Beach the welcome sign says “World’s Most Beautiful Beaches,” and I’ve concluded it’s true.

This summer was the first time I have visited Spain. It’s also the first time I have been to a beach with stones. The beach is covered in stones, so be prepared to wear your sandals to get down to the water.

All of Spain’s beaches aren’t like this. Javea, Spain, has a beach without stones, but it’s still not comparable to the place I call home. In Javea, you can rent personal watercraft, paddleboards, floating slides and beach chairs.

Javea, Spain, main beach area with golden sand

Javea, Spain, stone beach by La Siesta Beach Club

I will say you can find the best beachside cocktails here. When they are not having their afternoon siesta, it’s never too early for happy hour in Spain.

Beachside Mojito at La Siesta in Javea

St. Tropez, France, has breath-taking beaches, but it’s very different than Panama City Beach. With golden sand and clear water, I wanted to swim in the ocean all day. The sand was a little too coarse for me as I felt my feet were getting exfoliated.

St. Tropez has more unlimited water sports than any other place I’ve been. You can even find the latest water sport crazes, such as flyboarding, jet surfing and walking paddleboard. I can assure you you won’t find yourself bored here.

St. Tropez Beach

Flyboarding in St. Tropez

As you walk along the beach, there are endless beach club and restaurants. The beach clubs serve amazing food with some of the freshest seafood and sushi I’ve had.

Sushi boat at Nikki Beach St. Tropez for lunch

I think St. Tropez is my second favorite beach. Panama City Beach has stolen my heart for first.

— Brittany Sowell

Four Crossed Logs intern
professional communication major

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Crossed Logs is produced by students at Florida State University Panama City. All opinions represent those of the individual writer and not the university or its administrators. The blog is intended to showcase the talent, communication and insight of FSU Panama City students.