Tuesday, August 23, 2016

One day in Paris

I couldn’t end my summer travels in Europe without seeing Paris. Growing up I was obsessed with the Eiffel Tower and never thought I’d get the chance to see it in person.

My favorite part about my day in Paris was that I got to explore it with eight of my best friends.

When we arrived in Paris, we went to lunch at Le Café Marly, which overlooks the iconic Louvre Pyramid.

This is where I had the best truffle ravioli of my life. 
After lunch, we took some photos in front of the pyramid before heading to the lock bridge.

Last year, Paris removed the love locks from the bridges as they were making them too heavy and beginning to collapse. It was estimated there were more than 1 million locks weighing 45 tons.

Since this happened, they have new railing to lock your love locks so we were able to do the tourist tradition. 

After we locked our love locks and threw the key over the bridge, we rode on the tour guided bikes through the city as we made our way to the Eiffel Tower.

The bike was pedaled by a driver for a fee. It cost 30 euros to travel from the lock bridge to the tower.

Once we arrived at the tower, we were sightseeing and taking photos.

We didn’t go up in the Eiffel Tower as we only cared about actually seeing it. 

After being a tourist around the tower, our day in Paris came to an end. One thing that surprised me about Paris is that it wasn’t as crowed as I imagined. It was quite peaceful and one of the most beautiful places I have seen. The food was great, and there is endless shopping. We couldn’t have asked for a better day in Paris.  

 — Brittany Sowell

Four Crossed Logs intern
professional communication major

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Crossed Logs is produced by students at Florida State University Panama City. All opinions represent those of the individual writer and not the university or its administrators. The blog is intended to showcase the talent, communication and insight of FSU Panama City students.