Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Spotify: A music enthusiast’s best friend

For those who are not familiar with Spotify, it is a digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs. You can stream podcasts, get updates on local concert venues, access any album you prefer and get weekly recommendations for new music based on what you have liked. It is the best friend for any music lover.

Luckily, it is feasible for any Seminole’s budget too. Ordinarily the service charges $9.99 per month to access. However the tech company is paying its respects to hardworking college students by offering a student discount of only $4.99.

Personally I have use for Spotify on a daily basis. It builds a specific playlist to listen to while I workout. When I say specific, I mean the app is capable of measuring the rate in which I am running and match my pace with a song that has an identical beats per minute. Hence when I move faster, it recognizes my increase in speed and will automatically fade-out my current tune and fade in a jam with a more rapid beat.

Additionally it is the ideal companion for your school commute. There are dozens upon dozens of podcasts to choose from. They offer anything from light-hearted comedy to in-depth philosophical topics. Most of the time I end up staying in my car even after I arrive because I am so drawn in to what I am listening to.

So what are you waiting for? Treat yourself and upgrade your life to Spotify.

— Jameson Dettle

contributing writer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Crossed Logs is produced by students at Florida State University Panama City. All opinions represent those of the individual writer and not the university or its administrators. The blog is intended to showcase the talent, communication and insight of FSU Panama City students.