Wednesday, June 22, 2016

How to Sleep on a Plane

Unlike the Dierks Bentley song, I wasn’t getting drunk on a plane, but I did have two glasses of complimentary wine in an attempt to get some sleep on a nine-hour flight across the Atlantic.
By the way, miracles do happen: My Delta connecting flight from Panama City to Atlanta arrived 30 minutes early.
Having crossed seven time zones, I have also greatly confused my Fitbit, and since my smart phone is on Airplane mode, it won’t sync.
Alas, the wine didn’t help, so I listened to Taylor Swift’s entire "1989" album, played Tetris, watched all of "The Man from UNCLE" and half of "How to be Single," which was simultaneously hilarious and alarming to this 56-year-old man. What do you mean, online dating sites are for hook-ups?!

— Mike Wallace

Four Crossed Logs advisor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Crossed Logs is produced by students at Florida State University Panama City. All opinions represent those of the individual writer and not the university or its administrators. The blog is intended to showcase the talent, communication and insight of FSU Panama City students.