Monday, June 27, 2016

A Rather Sleepless Saturday night

written at noon Sunday, June 26, 2016



My apartment is in a quiet inner city square across from an old Roman Catholic monastery. Well, it was quiet until this Saturday night.

I am not sure what the occasion was, or if Spanish people actually need an occasion, but several thousand people simply showed up for a concert Saturday night right outside the door of our apartments. While the band generally sang in Spanish, they did an English rendition of Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive,” and the crowd apparently knew the words.  


Try as I might, I just couldn’t sleep, so I went downstairs and checked it out. 

By 8:30 a.m. Sunday, all indications of any celebration were gone. Ready for church.

— Mike Wallace

Four Crossed Logs advisor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Four Crossed Logs is produced by students at Florida State University Panama City. All opinions represent those of the individual writer and not the university or its administrators. The blog is intended to showcase the talent, communication and insight of FSU Panama City students.